Cheese-y, delicious and super filling, this one-skillet mozzarella chicken thigh meal will leave you satisfied and happy.Print
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning, divided
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides.