You know that self-care is important, but you don’t know where to start. I get it, self-care can be tough to figure out, but don’t worry! That’s where this list of self-care activities comes in handy.
Sometimes we get in a rut with taking care of ourselves and we can’t seem to get out.
Taking care of ourselves isn’t inherently hard, but it’s hard to convince ourselves that it’s necessary when there is so much that we feel needs to be done on a daily basis.
Rather than let your mental, emotional, and physical health suffer… try adding one act of self-care into your day.
It doesn’t even have to be a huge self-care activity.
It can be as simple as, “take a bath with lavender-infused Epsom salt tonight.”
You already take baths right? Good, just toss in some Epsom salt and BAM self-care activity checked off the list.
Don’t know what things quantify as self-care?
Well, never fear, I have a list to share with you. You can also choose to download a printable of the list to print off!
Big List of Self-Care Activities (broken down)
Instead of just listing out an obscene amount of ideas in a downpour of text with no seemingly coherent method of organization… I decided to break it down into categories for you.
You’ll find self-care ideas listed out in these categories:
Here we go! I hope you find things you like and will consider adding to your self-care plan :).
Physical Self-Care Activities
- Improve your sleep routine/habits
- Take a bath with soothing scents or candles lit
- Get more sunlight
- Walk barefoot on the ground each day
- Take your dog for a walk (if you have a dog)
- Walk with family
- Walk with friends
- Workout 2-3 times per week for at least 30 minutes
- Eat healthier or improve your diet
- Do something fun outdoors
- Hike a new trail
- Start a garden (even if it’s a small one)
- Get a massage
Every single moment spent with someone helps build the relationship as much as you can lock arms with one another.
Mental Self-Care Activities
- Keep a journal
- Start a gratitude list
- Make a self-love list
- Write out affirmations of self-awareness
- Find a hobby you’d enjoy doing
- Decrease phone time
- Decrease overall screen time
- Stay away from the news
- Stop watching TV at night
- Read a personal development book
- Meditate daily
- Make time for friends and family
- Toast yourself with some delicious wine
Emotional Self-Care Activities
- Evaluate friendships that may be toxic
- Find a supportive friend you can turn to
- Write a list of daily accomplishments
- Cry when. you need to
- Practice self-compassion daily
- Find time to laugh with friends and family
- Practice deep breathing
- Snuggle with a cozy blanket and a warm cup of tea
- Listen to a soothing sound like the ocean waves
- Cuddle with an animal
- Listen to upbeat music
Spiritual Self-Care Activities
- Make time for prayer or reflection daily
- Practice yoga
- Go to church if you feel called
- Give thanks daily
- Sit by a fire and admire the creation
- Pay attention to your breath while breathing
- Light a candle and pause for a moment
Related Post: 33 Things to Do Instead Of Watching TV
Creating a Self-Care Plan
You don’t have to choose a lot of things from these sections to create a well-rounded self-care plan.
Start with one from each section and go from there. This will help you not to be overwhelmed when just starting out with this practice.
You can choose to add more over time or leave it like it is.
There is really no right or wrong answer to this.