- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 14 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of broth (I use Orrington Farms Beef Base and mix it with hot water)
- 2 tbsp chili powder (more or less)
- 2 tsp chipotle powder (more or less)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (more or less)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (more or less)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the Ninja Foodi on Sear/Saute and add in the oil and chopped onions. Saute the onion until it’s translucent and then add in the ground beef.
- Cook the ground beef until it’s cooked through. Make sure to chop it up into however big or small chunks you’re used to (we like a really small chunk).
- Once the ground beef is cooked through add in the two cans of diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add the Beef Base to one cup of hot water and stir until it completely dissolves before adding to the Ninja Foodi pot. Once you add it to the Foodi make sure you stir it around.
- Add the seasonings and let the ingredients simmer for approximately 10 minutes before taste testing to adjust flavors. I find that seasonings age with time in the cupboard so sometimes I need more seasoning to achieve the desired flavor.
- Cook in the pot for about 30 minutes before serving. If you’re wanting to eat later you can set the Ninja Foodi to the slow cook setting and put it on low for however many hours you need.
Chili is one of those meals that I have less than precise measurements for. After you let the chili cook for about 10 minutes you definitely want to taste test things. This will allow you to adjust the flavors to your liking. If I have to adjust it’s usually either the chili powder or the cumin.