This homemade spaghetti sauce is super easy to make and won’t take you much time at all.
I’ve never been one to really use store-bought spaghetti sauce or marinara. I’d rather make it from scratch personally.
If you grow your own tomatoes to make crushed tomatoes it’s easy to make your own homemade spaghetti sauce.
Spaghetti sauce isn’t hard either so it’s a no-brainer as far making it yourself.
How to Make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (Without Sugar)
In order to make this sauce, you’ll need only a handful of items and you likely have most on hand in your pantry.
List of ingredients:
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Avocado Oil
- Cloves Garlic
Making the Sauce
First up, you’ll want to heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add your diced onion to the pan with a tablespoon or so of avocado oil. Cook the onions until they’re translucent before adding the spices to the pan.
Once the spices are added you’ll cook those until the garlic is fragrant. Not too long though or you’ll burn the garlic.
What’s too long? No longer than 3 minutes.
Next, you’ll add the crushed tomatoes and cook the sauce down for approximately 10 minutes (or as long as you’d like really).
And, there you have it, your sauce is complete.
You can taste the sauce right about now to make sure the salt is to your liking. If the sauce seems like it’s too “tomato-y” you can add more salt to balance the flavors.
- 28-ounce Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to a skillet and begin sauteing the onions until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spices to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Once the garlic is fragrant add the crushed tomatoes to the skillet and cook for approximately 10 minutes at a low simmer.
- Once finished you can use this recipe for spaghetti, chicken marinara, or anything you'd like really.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1022mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g