Your family will love this simple chicken soup with zucchini, potatoes and carrots paired with a delicious slice of gluten-free bread.
This soup is not only easy to make but seriously delicious. The seasonings can be changed to alter the flavor profile to accommodate something different.
It’s as easy as tossing the ingredients in your Ninja Foodi and letting it cook.
You can do this soup one of two ways:
- Cook the chicken when you’re cooking everything else and shred after it’s cooked down.
- Pre-cook and shred the chicken.
I opted to pre-cook and shred the chicken when I was making a batch of chicken broth.
I tossed in a chicken carcass (drumsticks included) with 2 extra drumsticks to pick the meat off and turned it into the chicken broth for this soup.
The recipe for the chicken broth is this chicken broth recipe and you can start it the night before you intend to make this soup and have it all ready to go the next day!
Simply remove the bones, pick off the meat, and add the veggies.
Chicken Soup with Zucchini, Potatoes, and Carrots
No carrots? No problem! Don’t fret if you don’t have an ingredient on hand!
This recipe is very forgiving and you can add or take out anything you’d like.
This is a base soup recipe that can be molded to however you’d like.
- 2 Chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- Roughly chop the chicken breasts. Then add the chopped chicken breasts and 1 cup of water to the Ninja Foodi and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Allow 10 minutes to naturally release before releasing any excess pressure.
- Remove chopped chicken from the Ninja Foodi and shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken and all other ingredients into the Ninja Foodi. Top with 3 cups of broth and 6 of water.
- Put the lid back on the Ninja Foodi and slow cook on high for 8 hours or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Enjoy with a side of gluten-free bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.