We all know that change is necessary in life. Sometimes this can be difficult to swallow or accept, but it has to happen. Enter affirmations for change.
It’s natural for us as humans to resist change (especially life changes) and cling tightly to the things we love.
Once you realize that not everything will remain the same, those negative thoughts and feelings about what might happen tend to vanish.
Positive changes in life can be anything from starting a new job or going to school, quitting smoking, learning to love yourself, and many more.
Maintaining affirmations is not always easy because we are all creatures of habit.
Anything dealing with the subconscious mind can be difficult, but one positive action can change your thinking to positive thinking.
If you remain persistent and in the present moment, it will work out in the end. Developing positive beliefs about change requires time and effort – so don’t give up.
20 Affirmations for Change You Can Start Saying Today
So, what are affirmations?
An affirmation is a positive statement that one makes to oneself. Affirmations are often stated in the first person, present tense, and with an active voice.
They can be used for improving mental health or manifesting desirable circumstances like happiness, peace of mind, or success.
Affirmations are often used to counter negative thoughts by focusing on positive thoughts and feelings.
Many people find that repeating an affirmation each day, in the morning or evening, for example, can be a powerful aid for change.
These affirmations can be used for anything from weight loss to feeling more confident at work.
The following affirmations are designed specifically for people who want to break bad habits, negative self-talk, and low self-esteem:
- I am committed to my progress today.
- I have the power within me now.
- Today is the day I start taking care of myself.
- It’s time for me to get back in control of my life again.
- I don’t need anyone but myself today.
- Nobody will stop me from achieving my goals today.
- I will be a fighter today.
- I am already the person I want to become.
- I am strong.
- I am powerful.
- I will not let my past define me.
- Today is the new day that starts a new future for me.
- I will not put any limits on myself.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- My dreams are possible today.
- I accept new challenges.
- I am self-aware.
- I choose to be happy today.
- My inner voice speaks truth and is loved by me.
- I am self-reliant
You are powerful enough to make changes for yourself in your personal life which will help you become a happier person.
“One of my favorite types of affirmations is positive statements about myself. They make me feel good, confident and empowered.” -Jennifer Lopez
How often should you use affirmations?
One of the most common questions about affirmations is how often you should use them.
This question has no right answer, but it’s important to understand that not everyone will get the same benefits from using affirmations.
Some people might need to use affirmations multiple times a day while others may only need one affirmation before going into their daily routine.
One of the best ways to find out what works for you is to simply notice how it feels when affirmations are working. If they’re making you feel confident, positive, and empowered then use them more often than if they make you feel frustrated or angry.
An example might be something like “I am strong” or a more general statement such as “My life has meaning,” or “good things happen to me.”
It’s also important to remember that changing negative thoughts can take time so don’t get discouraged if you’re not seeing immediate changes.
Can they be said on a daily basis?
Positive affirmations can be said daily.
They provide a constant reminder to the mind that you are not going to let negative thoughts and feelings have power over you.
Do affirmations really work?
If you are someone that is not sure whether affirmations really work, then it’s time to put your doubts aside.
Affirmations have been shown in many studies to be an effective tool for changing attitudes and behavior.
In fact, psychologists say they can help people make healthy changes with habits like dieting or quitting smoking because the brain needs to be retrained to think positively.
“Affirmations are one of those things that really help you change your mindset so it’s easier to keep doing what you’re trying to do.” -Oprah Winfrey
What to expect when you try affirmations for the first time?
Expectations are a powerful thing. When we expect something to happen, it’s more likely that it will actually occur in real life.
And this is the same when you try affirmations for the first time – if you go into your affirmation experience with positive thoughts and feelings, chances are that they’ll manifest themselves!
So what can be expected when you try affirmations for the first time?
– You’ll feel more empowered and confident. Telling yourself that you’re capable of achieving your goals is going to make you believe it. And, if this happens, then others will start seeing these amazing qualities in you as well!
– You’ll start to see the good in yourself. If you start to believe that you’re a capable person, then your whole life will start changing for the better!
– You’ll be able to handle setbacks more easily. When we feel bad about ourselves, it’s easy for us to take things personally and get really discouraged when something doesn’t go our way – but when you start to feel good about yourself, then it’s easier to brush these failures off and keep going!
– You’ll be more confident in your decision-making abilities. It may sound weird but if you tell yourself that you’re a capable person, then this will make it so that the decisions you make are based on logic instead of emotions.
– You’ll see your goals as being more achievable. When we believe that we’re capable of achieving our dreams, then it’s easier to take the next step in order to get there – and when you do this, they become much closer!
Related Post: 25 Affirmations For Strength
Can you rewrite negative statements?
Yes, you can.
Negative statements are not always easy to change – but affirmations might help with that! Affirmations focus on positive thoughts and self-love.
Think about what you want, not the things that are holding you back. One way to start is by writing a list of affirmations for change – positive statements with encouraging words!
Affirmations can help us focus on our goals or remind ourselves of something good we’ve already accomplished.
They’re all about having a positive outlook, and about focusing on what you want. They can help to empower us in difficult times – such as when we’re feeling down or discouraged.
Different ways to use affirmations for change
There are many ways to use affirmations. The most important thing to remember is that affirmations are used for change.
Any new habit or change requires a lot of repetition and new thoughts for it to stick.
Affirmations are meant to help you live your life the way that you want without being held back by old negative thoughts or emotions.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to affirmations, so find what works best for you.
What if I’m having a hard time with affirmations?
If you are having a hard time with affirmations, it’s okay.
There is no right or wrong way to do them. So find something that works for you and stick with it until the change becomes natural.
Affirmations work best when they become an easy habit so don’t be discouraged if you have trouble at first.
Moving Forward With the Power of Affirmations
Get out of your comfort zone and take a chance at something new. Start small and work your way up to bigger challenges without fear of failure or self-doubt.
Old habits can be hard to break and new ways of thinking can be just as hard but self-affirmations can help you stay on the right path.
Find self-confidence and self-worth with affirmations to empower yourself in your daily life.
I hope these affirmations help you on your journey towards living a happier life with more meaning and purpose!
Once you learn to create your own affirmation statement you’ll be on your way to self-empowerment and self-confidence.
Remember that it all starts with one small step in the right direction, so don’t let anything hold you back from making changes for the better 🙂